April 5, 2016

NYC: Persepolis; restaurant review

Persepolis  

1407 2nd Ave./73rd St., Upper East Side, (212) 535-1100. 

It is fun at Persepolis to make a meal of appetizers and salads.  The flavorful Persian food includes Eggplant Mirza (a roasted puree with mint, tomato, garlic, and yogurt), refreshing Yogurt & Shallots, and Shirazi Salad (chopped cucumber, tomato, and parsley).  Since I was with a vegan I shared Khorest Ghormeh Sabzi (a green vegetable and red bean stew) and Khorest Gaimeh Badamjan (a split pea, eggplant, and tomato stew).  But what I really wanted was the Khorest Fesenjan (chicken with pomegranate and walnuts).  However, our veggie items were served over a sour cherry rice and a dill-fava bean rice and were very tasty.  I was here for a late lunch, so there weren’t many people dining then, but a man seated nearby was someone I recognize from PBS—but darned if I can remember his name or role, though I think it was a mystery.

Eggplant Mirza at Persepolis in NYC
Eggplant Mirza at Persepolis in NYC


Shirazi Salad at Persepolis in NYC
Shirazi Salad at Persepolis in NYC


sour cherry rice and dill-fava bean rices at Persepolis in NYC
sour cherry rice and dill-fava bean rices at Persepolis in NYC




More NYC attractions.

More NYC restaurants.


images ©2016 Carole Terwilliger Meyers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts