March 25, 2015

Budapest, Hungary: Don't miss a dip in the Gellert Thermal Baths; things to do

Don't miss a dip in the Gellert Thermal Baths in Budapest, Hungary


After enduring a 24-hour-plus journey from San Francisco to Budapest, I checked into my hotel, then quickly hopped into a cab to reach the famous Gellert thermal baths before they closed.

Once there, I was overwhelmed by the size and beauty of this art nouveau gem.  Japanese tourists waiting in line were as confused as I, studying the "menu" of options but presciently requesting a safe for their valuables.  Before my husband was siphoned off to the men's side, we agreed to meet later in the outdoor pools, and the adventure was on.

An unfriendly attendant . . .   More . . .

outside pool at Gellert Baths in Budapest, Hungary
outside pool at Gellert Baths in Budapest, Hungary




image ©2015 Carole Terwilliger Meyers 

1 comment:

Popular Posts