June 21, 2008

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: Barcelo resort at la Jolla de Mismaloya; hotel review

pool area at Barcelo La Jolla de Mismaloya resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Barcelo resort at la Jolla de Mismaloya


I'm just back from a stay at the all-inclusive, all-suite Barcelo resort at la Jolla de Mismaloya in Puerto Vallarta. It is a well-maintained, attractive property on a lovely bay, and it recently completed a major restoration. It is the very bay, in fact, where John Huston filmed "Night of the Iguana" with Richard Burton in the '60s (Liz was along for the ride). The food was fresh and tasty. I loved the margarita made with fresh lime juice--it was one of the best I've ever had--and I also loved the ice cold Coronas. The resort has lots of pools and a swim-up bar. I'd go back in a flash.  I also loved Puerto Vallarta. It's a nice little town to explore.

When you're leaving from the new airport, you might want to buy some of the cute little shot glasses with blue rims that I found there. They have little cacti inside and are perfect filled with a shot of the excellent Mexican tequila I also picked up.



More things to do in Puerto Vallarta.

More things to do in Mexico.

More ideas for exploring Canada and Mexico.


image c2008 Carole Terwilliger Meyers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts